What Is Process Builder In Salesforce?
Salesforce Process Builder can help you automate your business processes and give you a graphical representation as you build them.
Process Builder supports three types of processes for your automation needs. The type determines what triggers the process.
- A record change process starts when a record is created or updated.
- An event process starts when a platform event message is received.
- An invocable process starts when something else, like another process, invokes it.
Each process consists of:
- Criteria that determine when to execute an action group.
- Action groups, which consist of immediate or scheduled actions. Only record change processes support scheduled actions.
What Is Criteria In Process Builder?
The criteria must be true before the process can execute the associated actions.
What Is Actions In Process Builder?
An action group can consist of a combination of immediate and scheduled actions. Immediate actions are executed when evaluation criteria are met. Scheduled actions are executed at a specified time. For example, Salesforce can automatically send an email reminder to the account team if a high-value opportunity is still open 10 days before the specified close date.
Here, some actions are specified that we can perform by Process Builder:
- Create a Record from a Process: Create a record by manually entering values or by using the values of related records.
- Invoke a Process from Another Process: Invoke a process from another process. With invocable processes, you have the option of reuse so that you don’t spend your time on repetitive work.
- Create a Chatter Post from a Process: Post to the feed of a user, a Chatter group, or the record that started the process.
- Use a Quick Action from a Process: Create a record, update a record, or log a call using a quick action that you or another admin created for your organization.
- Work with Quip from a Process: Create documents, chat rooms, and folders when important events occur. Attach a document to a record so your users have information in context. Update your spreadsheets with the latest Salesforce data. Send a message to a chat room or document. Add new slides to a deck, copy documents, add members to a document or chat, and more.
- Launch a Flow from a Process: Start an auto-launched flow from your process to automate complex business processes. Create flows to perform logic and have events trigger the flows via processes without writing code.
- Send an Email from a Process: Easily send an email from a process by using an email alert. Email alerts are configured outside of the Process Builder and contain the standard text, list of recipients, and template for an email.
- Send a Custom Notification from a Process: Send customized notifications when important events occur. Alert an account owner if a new support case is logged while trying to close a deal, or send a notification for a workflow built entirely with custom objects. Add recipients and content to your custom notification, then add it to your process.
- Send a Survey Invitation from a Process: Send an email invitation containing the link to a particular survey question or to launch a survey.
- Submit a Record for Approval from a Process: Submit the record that started the process for approval.
- Update Records from a Process: Update one or more records that are related to the record that started the process by manually entering values or by using the values from related records.
- Call Apex Code from a Process: Add customized functionality to your process by calling Apex from the process.