What is a Governor Limit?
Governor limits are runtime limits enforced by the Apex runtime engine to ensure that code does not throw errors.
As Apex runs in a shared, multi-tenant environment, the Apex runtime engine strictly enforces a number of limits to ensure that code does not monopolize shared resources. Resources such as CPU, processor, and bandwidth are shared by Apex on the Salesforce server.
- Monitor and manage platform resources such as memory, database resources, etc.
- Enable multi-tenancy by ensuring the resources are available for all tenants on the platform.
- Can issue program-terminating runtime exceptions when the limit is exceeded.
- Are typically reset per transaction.
- Are subject to change from release to release.
Governor Limits Basically Cover
- Database Resources.
- A number of script statements.
- A number of records were processed.